Solar Panel for Sabre - 17W
Use this 17W solar panel to keep your Sabre charged in the field. This solar panel is weather and UV resistant.
In full sun this panel provides 550mA to Sabre and charges the internal battery to full charge in about 1.5 hours. This is under worst case conditions with the Wi-Fi on and the sample rate at 10mS. With the Sabre in a more normal use case for camera trapping (i.e. Wi-Fi off and the sample rate set to 500mS) the Sabre has a battery life of around 41 hours. So you will need at least 1.5 hours of sun every 40hrs to keep Sabre alive continuously. Sabre will use power from the solar cell as long as it is available and use the internal batter when the solar panel’s voltage falls too low. The time without sun can be extended significantly with an external battery.
- 17 Watt Solar Panel with 8.5" male pigtail
- 1.2m (4ft) Solar Panel adapter cable
- Panel output is computed based on cell manufacturer's data assuming 0% reduction of cell efficiency after packaging of cell strings. Electrical output tolerance +/- 10%. Under irradiance of 100 mW/cm2, absolute air mass of 1.5, at 25 °C, as per cell manufacturer's specifications.
- For maximum power output, face the panels towards the sun.
- Dimensions: 393 x 274 x 6 mm (15.5 x 10.75 x 0.25 in)
- Weight: 760g (26.8 oz)
- Cell Structure: Monocrystalline cells - 19% efficient
- Open Circuit Voltage: 20.0V
- Peak Voltage: 17.5V
- Peak Current: 1.05A
- Coating: Urethane
- Mounting: 8 thumbscrews on back corners of panel - included
- Output cable: 8.5 inches, 22cm long and has 3.5x1.1mm plug
- 1.2m (4ft) cable included to connect panel to Sabre via 3 pin locking connector.